Financially Philosophy of FYCP & Bill Crockett Ministries!
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!! It’s a necessary tool in today’s world. I have heard it said that money is the root of all evil (a reference to 1 Timothy 6:10). However, God actually points out that it is the “LOVE OF MONEY” that’s the root of all evil. Money is just a tool. Our attitude about money and the way we use it determines whether or not evil is done with it.
Bill Crockett Ministries is a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) organization. As an organization with responsibilities, money is needed to perform the ministry that God has called us to. We depend largely on donations and gifts from organizations, businesses and individuals who believe in what we’re doing and are led and enabled by God to help us. We take very seriously the responsibility to make sure the financial resource God provides is managed professionally and properly (2 Corinthians 8:16-21). As a result of this, we operate on the following principles that govern our attitude and action relative to the financial resources God gives us:
1. God’s purpose is our ultimate goal – Matthew 6:33; 1 Corinthians 9:11-12, 10:31
2. God alone is our source so we trust Him to provide – 1 Thessalonians 5:24; Philippians 4:19
3. God uses people in our lives to encourage and help us – Philippians 4:14-19; Acts 2:44-47
4. God expects us to pray & work while we wait – Nehemiah 4:9; Acts 20:33-36
5. God invites us to make our needs known – Philippians 4:6-7, 2 Corinthians 8:1– 9:15
6. God will distribute and touch those through whom He chooses to help this ministry – 2 Corinthians 9:9-15; Romans 12:6-8
7. God will provide through those who willingly give as they are able. Therefore, we will publish the need discreetly without pressure to give & be thankful & content with what God provides – 2 Corinthians 8:1-5, 10-12, 9:6-8; Philippians 4:10-13
8. God expects us to be faithful stewards of what He provides realizing it all belongs to Him, not us. Therefore, we will make ourselves accountable to others who will help us manage God’s provision properly – Matthew 25:14-30; Romans 14:12
9. God has given to us and expects us to give back (Matthew 10:8, 42). We will include as a regular part of our budget designated funds to give back to God’s work, outside of BCM, as led by the Lord.
10. God owes man nothing so we will always be grateful for whatever He provides and the privilege of serving Him – 1 Timothy 1:12-17
How Can You Help or Be Involved?
As “missionaries” to the young adult community, we realize it’s going to take many people being involved to make the greatest impact. Therefore, we are praying for God to touch the hearts of individuals and business owners to come along side us and help us reach and equip the young adults of our communities.
So how can you or your organization help? Here are a few ways to get involved immediately:
1. Pray for us – we are asking everyone we know to pray regularly for “The Fellowship of Young Christian Professionals” ministry and the thousands of young adults this ministry will touch in the coming years. Here are some specific things we would ask you to pray about:
- · Pray for wisdom & guidance as we start this new organization
- · Pray for young adults to come to know Christ as their personal savior
- · Pray for young adults to make an impact in the marketplace where God has put them
- · Pray for individuals, businesses & organizations to partner with us to help these young adults
- · Pray for the “Community Group” program to be empowered by God and used to reach young adults as we launch it in early 2013
- · Pray for the conferences that will be held in 2013
- · Pray for God to be glorified in all we do
- · Pray for God to provide for us financially by touching the hearts of individuals and businesses He has blessed to share with us
2. Tell others about us – share with your friends, churches and businesses about this ministry and ask them to pray for us. Invite Bill to come to your church, business or organization and share the vision of FYCP.
3. Support us financially – when I left Office Depot in 2011, I stepped out by faith trusting God to take care of us financially, and He has. Since September 2011 God has used 52 different individuals and businesses to provide almost $93,000 to this ministry and we are eternally grateful and amazed at the powerful hand of God in this! Our current monthly budget target is $12,000. This includes administration, ministry development and ministry resource cost as well as salary and living expense for Bill (this is his full time job and main source of income). If God has blessed you and leads you to partner with us financially in this ministry; there are a few ways to do that:
- § Mail your gift to: Bill Crockett Ministries/FYCP-PO Box 3845-Irmo, SC 29063 (Make checks payable to Bill Crockett Ministries)
- § Give online at www.billcrockett.com/page/support
Visit our web site for more on how you can partner with us – http://bcministriesinfo.wordpress.com/how-you-can-partner-with-help-bcm
As we continue to develop this start up organization more opportunities will emerge for you to partner with us and help us. some of these opportunities will become available next year. Here are a few that we are currently working on to launch in 2013:
- Starting a “Community Group” with your friends or in your business – visit our web site in January for all the details.
- Provide a space in your business location for a “Community Group” to meet before or after work hours – make a conference room, break room or other part of your facility available for a community group to meet & invite your young adult employees to attend.
- As a successful business owner or executive, participate in an FYCP testimonial/mentor interview – FYCP will be contacting Christian business owners and executives to participate in interviews describing how their faith has impacted their career as well as what they look for when hiring potential employees. This information is critical for young adults to hear so they can learn from those who are doing it. More information will be available on this program in early 2013.
- Help with the development & production of one or more of the resources – we are endeavoring to provide as many resources as possible to the young adult community at little or no cost to them. We will need the help of our partners to make this possible both through their financial support and by volunteering their talents and resources. Some examples would be web site development, video DVD production (use of equipment, volunteer to help make the videos & expertise on how to produce a professional product), TV show production for the FYCP.TV web page, conference & event organization and production. These are just a few examples of how you can help us provide quality resources to young adults at little or no cost.
“The Fellowship of Young Christian Professionals” is a vision that God is daily expanding and developing in our minds and hearts as we simply seek to help young adults face life by living out the principles in God’s Word. After explaining to my pastor the vision God had given me for this organization, he replied by saying, “What you are endeavoring to do could change an entire generation.” By God’s grace we can see something develop that will indeed change an entire generation for Christ but only God can do something like that and He chooses to use us.
Will you pray with us and partner with us to make the dream of this organization a reality? God bless you and thank you for allowing us the time to share our passion for young adults!
- Next week we will be explaining from 1 Timothy chapter 4 the “Blueprint For Life” that we will use as the foundation for everything we do at FYCP. Please join us as we share the 7 areas young adults fear the most about real life and the answers found in God’s word.
Have a wonderful weekend!